We see IT security, information security and data protection as pillars of economic prosperity and as an indispensable component of our free democratic society. As an independent association, we want to play a constructive role in shaping this technological, political and social development, because we are firmly convinced that this task can only be mastered collectively. Our goal is therefore to network players from business and science with an interested public. We are committed to this with the help of the expertise of our members in Bavaria, Germany and Europe.
- To initiate and promote collaborations, particularly between the scientific and economic community
- Promote the development of IT security research and educationg
- To provide information about security risks and their technical and organisational solutions
- To present the Cluster’s members and their security expertise
- To launch and mentor company start-ups
- Support for company collaborations
- Public relations
- Support in the evaluation and recruitment of staff
- WORKING GROUPS
- We offer three working groups: Data Protection, Information Security Officer, and ISA+ Information Security Analysis
- PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Special solutions for SMEs have been developed by the networks of the IT-Sicherheitscluster e.V.: ISA+Information Security Analysis & CISIS12®.
- START-UP PROMOTION
- The goal of the Digital Startup Initiative Oberpfalz (DGO) is to build a sustainable startup culture in the area of digitization throughout the Oberpfalz and to provide targeted support for startups with digital business models.
- Bundling of IT security expertise.
- Promotion of research, development, application and marketing of IT security and functional safety products.
- Support in the area of education and training (including training to become an information security officer).
- Initiation and support of cooperation between science and industry in the field of IT security.
- Support for cooperation between institutions and initiatives to promote IT security in companies.
The IT-Sicherheitscluster e. V. is an organization that is close to research, development and teaching in information security as well as IT security. Meanwhile, 18 universities or colleges are members. In addition, university members are actively involved in our board of directors. Research and development are in our DNA!
We support science and scientists
Our work is driven by the idea that the further development of the cluster core topics is necessary on a scientific basis. Moreover, research results should benefit our members from the economy in many ways. Therefore, we plan and project with and for our members. On the following pages we present our current engagement.
GoAIR-ITSEC – Development of a cross-cluster and cross-domain service portfolio for information security in artificial intelligence.
The project „goAIR – Artificial Intelligence Regensburg“ is part of the AIR initiative (https://www.air-regensburg.de), which activated the regional Triple Helix starting from an impulse of the city of Regensburg. AIR was formed in February 2020 and since then bundles all interests around and with Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the Regensburg region – both by addressing technical-economic as well as social aspects. In addition to large companies such as Continental, Infineon, and Osram SC, the main players in AIR are SMEs such as Tiki GmbH and trinnovative GmbH.
The ISA+ Information Security Analysis is a 50-question assessment to determine the state of IT security in your own company. The analysis can be performed independently, even without technical knowledge.
With the support of an accredited consultant, the strengths and weaknesses of the company in the implementation of information security can also be specifically identified. This results in concrete recommendations for action. At the end of the joint process, there is the possibility of independent certification. ISA+ information security analysis software can be used to support the process. Use the iris software to carry out your ISA+ information security analysis audits effectively and efficiently. In addition to automated reports, this also supports in particular the closure of weak points and the implementation process of necessary measures. The result is a sustainably increased security level. For further information please visit: www.ibi-systems.de or send an e-mail request to info[ @ ]ibi-systems.de.
The public questionnaire (without levels of maturity) can be downloaded here :